Sunday, July 13, 2014

 

July 13, 2014
I thought I'd better get back to posting on my blog.  Life has certainly gotten in my way a lot over the past year and a half. Having to take on the responsibility of caring for a parent with Alzheimer's Disease does take up much of one's time. However, with the help of my wonderfully understanding husband, we have finally managed to plan out a schedule which, of course, includes the care of mother, but also allows free time for hubby, and time for me to write.

I had finished my Western Romance novel, Cora, at the end of 2013, so I am presently in the process of doing a final edit on that book. Funny how you think you did everything right until you let it set for a while and then re-read what you wrote. OMG. I am very lucky to have the help of two skilled writer friends who, without an ounce of guilt, point out every error on my pages. Thank goodness for them. My self imposed goal is to have Cora ready for submission by October of 2014. Wish me luck.

I've also begun the resurrection of a novel I wrote about 10 years ago. I believe the basis of the story is still good, and it has a touch of paranormal, which I love. Stone Oak is the story of Tracey Miller who has been willed an abandoned and dilapidated music theater in Branson, Missouri. Only trouble is, a handsome modern day cowboy from Texas claims ownership to the property as well. There's also "The Lady", a strange voice that's trapped behind the granite interior wall of the theater. There are many twist and turns as Tracey and Rick come to terms with visions of another lifetime, forbidden love and a gypsy's curse. As I go through the editing process (and updating) of Stone Oak, I'm getting excited about the story all over again. My aim is to have this novel ready for submission by mid 2015.

To read excerpts of these two novels go to my website. http://www.sunnymariebaker.com

Until next time, and I really do promise it won't be more than 30 days before I post again, do what I've told you before...Keep Writin' Ya'all
Sunny Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment