Friday, January 23, 2015

Away for too long...

January 23, 2015
Hello and greetings to you all,

I have been away from my little blog for a very long time, and for that I am sorry. It became necessary for me to go back to Missouri and bring my mother out here to California to live with me and my husband. She had developed Alzheimer's Disease and no longer could live without supervision.

My husband, bless him, and I did our very best for her over the past two years, but it recently became apparent that we were not equipped to give her the care she needed. We were so lucky to find a 5-Star Care Facility where we could place her. She is adjusting nicely and we visit often, although she doesn't know who we are, just that our faces somehow are familiar.

So, I began the new year refreshed, and ready to tackle the writing that had been placed on the back burner. I am doing the final edit for my novel CORA and plan to submit it to Wild Rose Press in mid to late April. Then I will tackle editing on LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW, and follow that novel with, MURDER IN ECHO VALLEY. I now have 5 completed novels and must refrain from starting a new one until these finished stories are in final draft stage and queried. This is not easy for me (the not writing something new part) as I have all these thoughts running rapid in my head. What am I to do? I know, you don't have to tell me; find a notebook and make notes to use later. 

I wanted to share a couple books with you who are writing fiction, that I think can make or break you writing efforts. The first is: 21st Century Fiction by Donald Mass...a must have for writing in the market that is NOW  and will be in the future. The second is: Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View by Jill Elizabeth Nelson.

I have no good fiction reads to recommend to you at this time...sorry.
So until next time, and I promise it won't be months or years, enjoy the writing process if you're a writer...read lots if not, and stop and smell the roses along the way.
Bright Blessings,
Sunny Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment