Monday, July 13, 2015

Ready to Submit...Almost

July 13, 2015

I have been very busy since the end of March and my return from the California Dreamin' Conference polishing up the manuscript for my novel Stone Oak. It took longer than I thought...doesn't it always? However, after fighting with Microsoft Word for days to get the formatting right and keep it in place, I have one single document ready to submit. 

 My 2 page short synopsis is complete and all I have left to do is design a personal marketing plan (in case my targeted publisher asks for one). I have some friends who, I hope, can assist me on this. My intention is to have the manuscript with all required attachments ready by the end of this week.

Then the waiting begins. The sweat beads on the forehead, the clammy palms, heart palpitations, sleepless nights, upset stomach and wringing of hands until I hear the outcome. I am hopeful, but also realistic to a point. Any publishing company views thousands of manuscripts weekly. Mine will have to stand out and even though it was praised after a pitch session, I know the pitch may have been well received and yet my story in full manuscript may not hit the mark. It is always a possibility, however, I choose to believe my novel will live up to my pitch in the eyes of my targeted publisher.

So, with great expectations and happy thoughts, I will send off my novel, Stone Oak. Fingers and toes crossed.  Wish me luck, my friends.

5 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes are crossed. Take a deep breath and let it out slooooowly. It will happen for you.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Sunny. I'm sure they will love your book!

    I joined your blog as well!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now a follower, and what a great photograph, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think Positively.. Will these books be on Kindle? Congrats! V

    ReplyDelete
  5. also,, I like to sign up with my email address, rather than "followers" just a thought.

    ReplyDelete