Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Rainy Day in the Mountains...

Hello. I've just returned from a Sisters In Crime meeting, and was so happy to be back among my fellow writers there.  I've been away for a while.

I enjoyed a talk by David Kulczyk on California's Deadliest Women.  They are real life women who committed murder. I was amazed at just how many there have been in my own backyard, so to speak.

We were also presented with an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a newly opened door for publishing fiction. Pace Press an imprint of Linden Publishing is accepting submissions for fiction in many genres. And the best part, they are located in Fresno, CA., about an hour from where I live. Nothing better than being able to have a "close" working relationship with your editor. Yes, I plan to query with sample chapters. Fingers and toes crossed.

The highlight of my day was that I won a raffle gift...a beautiful handmade throw. It's shades of blue and purple and will be lovely to snuggle under while reading the book that came with it, Windless Summer by Heather Sharfeddin.

It's raining in the mountains near Yosemite National Park today. For me, this make the creative juices run, conjuring story ideas that float around in my mind. It's also the perfect day to curl up with a good book or relax with a cup of hot chocolate and watch a football game on T.V. I'm one of those weird people who can all three at the same time. I'm sure there are more weird-os out there...right?

So until we meet here again, have a wonderful day, whatever you are doing.
Sunny Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment